Upgrading your BlackBerry OS via BBSAK using Device Wipe
This is the process for Upgrading your BlackBerry OS via BBSAK using Device Wipe. Your device would works normally as it does.
Here’s the process to update your Device OS.
1) Take Backup of your Device via Desktop Manager before proceeding.
2) Download and install http://bbsak.org/request.php?f=BBSAKv1.9.1_Installer.msi
3) Run BBSAK then click on WIPE DEVICE, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don’t have a password on your device.
4) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.
5) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB
6) Download the Device Software -
ENSURE YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED ANY PREVIOUS OS FROM THE CONTROL PANEL FIRST.
You can find the latest OS for your device here: http://blackberryrocks.com/latest-blackberry-os/
7) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.
8) Navigate to My Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
If you have 64-bit version Windows then Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files(x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
9) Delete the file named vendor.xml
11) Run loader.exe from that same folder then proceed to installing your OS.
12) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)
13) Restore the Backup taken earlier back via DM. It is recommended to restore only those data which are required like SMS, Call Logs, Mails, Contacts etc.
20 Responses to “Upgrading your BlackBerry OS via BBSAK using Device Wipe”
Leave a Reply
- Help, Supplementary service error: General Error | Repair Guide
[...] Please help me sort out this issue, my provider is Vodafone IN. v220.127.116.116(Bundle 1805, Platform 18.104.22.168). I believe the above is the latest FW available for 8520, I updated by following this guide. Upgrading your BlackBerry OS via BBSAK using Device Wipe [...]